Terms & Condition
The following describe the terms and conditions applicable to your use and access to our services.
Accessing this website constitutes your acceptance of all of the terms and conditions that apply to its use and services provided by it. Please take the time to read through these before continuing to use the Website. It is your obligation to seek professional assistance should you not understand the contents herein. Please NOTE that you should be 18 years of age at the point of accepting and reading these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to update, amend, add these terms and conditions at any time by posting the updated, amended and additional terms and conditions on this website. It is your obligation to check if changes have been made. Your use of the Website after changes are posted shall constitute acceptance of the new terms and conditions.
Definitions and Interpretation
The following terms shall have the following meanings where used in these terms and conditions:-
- “PROTO/we/our/us” means PROTO Malaysia Sdn Bhd and its subsidiaries and associated companies.
- “You/Your/User/Users” means user of the website and or website services.
- “User of website” includes individual, corporate, advertiser, car dealers, new and existing customer of PROTO.
- “Services” include chargeable and free of charge services.
- Bike Trader Websites” include www.biketrader.com.my and www.biketrader.com.my/news
Access to Website
- You agree to notify PROTO, immediately should there be any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security.
- You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
- Our services are not available to users who are temporarily or permanently prohibited from using our website. This applies to registered users who have breached the terms and conditions of using this website. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Website without notice. We will not be held liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Online advertising
- Place one item per advert – one advert per item. Do not list multiple items in a single advert, or place the same advert multiple times in different categories.
- We reserve the right to revise or reject for any reason at our sole discretion any advertising copy submitted without awarding any explanation thereto.
- All advertising materials, including photographs, submitted by the User become our property and may not be reproduced from the Motor Trader for use in other publications, websites, or any other medium without the written consent from us.
- Our liability for damages resulting from any errors in any advertising that it publishes or from its failure to publish any advertisement that it has agreed to publish shall be limited to the amount paid by you in consideration for its agreement to publish the advertisement in question.
- The User accepts all liability for the content of all advertising him or her or on behalf of the company you are representing places for publication in the website. User hereby warrants and guarantee that the contents of the advertised copy is true, that it is not libellous or defamatory, that it violates no rights of privacy, that it infringes no trademark, and that it complies with all applicable national and international laws and regulations. The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PROTO Malaysia Sdn Bhd and all its subsidiaries from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, suits, costs, or expenses, arising by reason of the publication of the User’s advertisement or breach of the foregoing warranty, whether such claims are well-grounded or not.
- We may at any time remove any or all materials from the website which in our opinion are illegal or have been placed on the website server in breach of these terms and conditions or without awarding any reason for such action.
- We reserve the right to make modifications to our/the service design, layouts and logic which in its sole discretion benefit the overall functionality and efficiency of the website services.
- The User shall notify us of any faults in the system as soon as the faults come to the User’s attention
- We do not monitor or control and shall not be responsible for the content of any messages delivered to the User through the website service. The User is directly responsible for the publication of telephone, email and other personal contact details. We provide options for the hiding and withholding of this information from public display. The User agrees that the publication of this information is entirely at the User’s discretion.
- Cancellation / Refund Policy
- The Publisher reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject, terminate, suspend, cancel, change or re-classify any advertisement without any prior notice. Under such circumstances, the advertiser shall be informed and the amount paid for the advert shall be refunded accordingly. The advertiser shall have no other claims against the Publisher whatsoever.
- In the event that the advertisement fees is paid by credit cards which are suspected to be fake or stolen, the publisher shall without any hesitation, deny such transaction unless the advertiser use alternate payment mode other than using the suspect fake or stolen card.
- Copyright and Trademarks
- All content displayed on this website including but not limited to the website’s design, layout, text, graphics, image and sound or video materials are the exclusive property of the website provider. All rights, including but not limited to copyright, title and interest in the content of these web pages and in the photographs of any items displayed on the Website from time to time and all database rights in our database of items, are owned or controlled for these purposes by us and our subsidiary companies.
- All trademarks, names, and logos are the proprietary marks of us or of our subsidiaries companies. Marks identifying third parties are owned or licensed by those third parties or their associated companies. Nothing in these terms and conditions in any way confers on you any license, assignment, and consent to use or right under any trademarks, names or logos.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you are strictly prohibited from copying, reproducing, redistributing, downloading, republishing, transmitting, displaying in any form or any means any contents of the website. You may not adapt, modify, create derivative works from or otherwise extract or re-utilise, or in any way exploit any of the contents in whole or in part without our express written permission from the relevant parties.